[macvoiceover] Re: garageband recording two tracks again

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:02:16 +1200

I think 'Enable multi track recording' is not what you think it is. You are
wanting to combine two tracks it seems.
Multi track recording from an outside multi source mixer onto multi tracks in
GB is what this is referring to.
An easy way to combine tracks together onto one track is to select those tracks
by muting any you don't want and saving them to disc, then bringing that file
back into your project.
To listen to a track while recording from an external source you must enable
the monitor.
But I thought you are using GB Instruments, not an external sound source.

I recommend you listen to Ricardo's podcasts on gB from his 'apple to the Core'
site, he explains many useful GB tasks.

TF

On 28/07/2012, at 9:31 AM, Pavel Vlček wrote:

Good evening,
I have problems with recording two tracks. I check the enable multy track
recording, check enable recording, but when I press r, the track, which is
selected is used only.
Where is the problem?
The first rack is software instrument and the second is real instrument. I need
to record to softwarre and real instrument tracks together and I need to listen
these tracks while recording.