[macvoiceover] Re: fusion, voice over and jaws

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:14:35 -0400

I've used solona before. I just prefer using WebVisum for some reason. I guess I'm just used to it... And yes, I tried running Ubuntu but had some compatibility issues with my VM. It was version 9.04 and I'm pretty sure 8.10 would have worked, but oh well...I already had windows. There is literally one website that I need windows for, so it's not bad.

Ignasi
On Aug 18, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi Ignasi,
if you only need Windows for Web Visum, why don't you check out www.solona.net ? You can register on there and upload a screen shot of a website that has a captcha, you'll then get the code a few minutes later... The website explains how you can take a screenshot. If you still wanna use Web Visum, you might as well install a Linux distribution with Gnome as the desktop and Orca as the screen reader, then you'll also be able to run Firefox and the Web Visum plugin - no need to use Windows! :-)
Robin