[macvoiceover] Re: frustrated about Apple accessibility

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 17:19:19 -0600

They apparently think it is a general Mac issue rather than an activities
issue or they think it is some combination of things on your machine rather
than a voiceover problem per se. Wether they are right or wrong I don't know
but I imagine they get many emails and don't have a huge staff so they aren't
going to try to deal with something they think is your own individual problem.
If more people have this problem, feel it is a voiceover problem, and post,
they might decide differently. I'm not at all belittling your reaction; I'm
just trying to think what their point of view would be. Also, i notice you
never mention voiceover though you mention quick-nav and Activities so I wonder
if some person, reading through quickly, didn't get the connection. I would
imagine your attachment would have explained it so I'm not trying to make a
strong case for this but perhaps you should have specifically said something
about the activities feature or category in voiceover. Maybe it was somebody
who had to read one email too many or somebody who shouldn't be in
accessibility but again, I'm trying to see this from their point of view.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Nov 4, 2015, at 4:56 PM, William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Listers,

Here I am not speaking of me questions about activities but about the
reaction of accessibility.

This is the second time I receive such kind of a answer from accessibility.
short explanation:
I ask Apple accessibility why my macbook goes so slow when I have build some
activities and switch between the programs that are inserted in the
activities.
They told me that they can’t give support from this mail-adres and that I
should contact the (paid) service apple care.

In the past, I thought they should ask more steps so that they can try to
reproduce the issue.
or in the worst case: “we wil forward this to the appropriated people”.

I have never seen this before, and you?

All comments are very welcome.

Kind regards,
William Windels

Begin doorgestuurd bericht:

Van: Apple Accessibility <accessibility@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:accessibility@xxxxxxxxx>>
Datum: 4 november 2015 22:48:48 CET
Aan: william.windels@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
Onderwerp: Antw.: activities in voiceover and osx 10.11.1; Follow-up:
631145322

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Apple. You have reached the Apple feedback address
for accessibility.

We are unable to provide technical support through this email address. For
technical support, we ask that you please contact AppleCare via telephone or
use the Contact Apple Support link to begin an online support session.

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/ <http://www.apple.com/support/contact/>

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html
<http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html>

Apple Accessibility

For more information on Accessibility at Apple, please visit:
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/ <http://www.apple.com/accessibility/>
http://www.apple.com/support/accessibility/
<http://www.apple.com/support/accessibility/>
On November 03, 2015 at 23:27:32 PM GMT, william.windels@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:william.windels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have discovered that activities for particular programs are making the
system more slow.
It seems that loading the activity for the particular program, takes much
power of the cpu and memory of my macbook.
I was thinking not to load the activities when a specific program opens but
load it myself when I go to a select program.
This goes much faster.

However, the activities isn’t loaded as expected when I select the specific
activitie.

IN attachment a copy of my activities that wan’t load properly.
It should turn on quicknav and the letters on webpages should be active.

Any hints?

Kind regards,
William Windels