[macvoiceover] Re: forcing Safari to download instead of playing a file

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:09:47 -0600

Started playing all over again? You're trying to do the download at the link
before it starts playing right, not while the file is already playing?

Here are two things to try. For each of these make sure the mouse cursor is on
the link to the file you want to download; even if vo-cmd-f5 says it's moving
the mouse, do vo-f5 again to make sure it's really there (you probably knew
that; I'mjust trying to cover everything). The first thing to try is doing
vo-shift-m and seeing if you get a context menu that includes a "download
linked file". If this doesn't work, try the following.

In System Preferences, go to trackpad. In the "point and click" tab, check
"secondary click" and choose an action; I have it set for "click in bottom
right corner". Then make sure the mouse cursor is on the link to the file ou
want to download. Press the bottom right corner of the trackpad if that is the
action you chose. This should bring up a context menu but hopefully with more
choices than the one you saw before. If this doesn't work, it's possible that
ou aren't being given a link to the file but just to the player that plays it.
Sometimes with files that won't download any other way I can do it with lynx in
Terminal but I don't know if you are into doing that. I just noticed that
somebody jst posted and told you to right click on it; this is good but I've
found that sometimes one method of doing this will work while another doesn't.
I've had files that didn't work with a keyboard combination assigned to do a
right click but did work with what I've just explained. So if one method
doesn't work, try another.

Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart