[macvoiceover] Re: flash on the mac a bad idea:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:30:49 -0400

you use web kit as your browser till safari is updated and they get put in by the safari dev team. not all make it in at least not right away. if you see something in webkit you like, vot on the site for it, also dropp a note to apple accessibility.

On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:23 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

How then does one update their local Safari with the new goodies in WebKit?
On Oct 23, 2009, at 8:25 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

The problem with flash and vo though is that is not really usable or at least I have not found it to be so.

webkit is a separate application and they update it nightly. it is a developper platform and the community is asked to test and provide feedback in the form of bug submissions.

On Oct 23, 2009, at 8:22 AM, Bryan Smart wrote:

So I can download webkit and that will update Safari, or will that be a separate browser/install?

Would be nice to figure out how to reduce the lag that flash puts on Safari. Turning it off is not really an option for me most of the time, since the whole point for me is to be able to use it on sites like YouTube, Hulu, etc. On sites w/o videos, where Flash is just used for some page animation etc, I see what you mean, though.

Bryan