[macvoiceover] Re: external drives: was: Re: Re: flash drives

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 05:55:03 -0700

Hi
The easiest way is to install something like Tinkertool that exposes a good number of these hidden preferences. In tinkertool it's under the Finder section. Alternatively, you can use this command in Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true
This preference is on a per-user basis.

how do I control them on remote shares?