[macvoiceover] email and instent messaging questions.

  • From: "Daniel McGee" <mc-g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:21:06 -0000

hi everyone, I don't own a Mac which I have said I guess time and time again
but its getting stronger to buy one and try it out! lol
But I have a couple of questions for email and instant messaging with voiceover
on the Mac.
I'll start with the email first.

well my first question is in windows live mail which is the email client I use
on windows when I setup my accounts I have two of them just to let you know.
Basicly wlm puts them apart from each other. So basicly when your arrowing down
the tree view you have the email accounts in different fouldors. So basicly
when you send and recieve messages they all don't go into one inbox. My
question is basicly can "mail" do this on the Mac side of things? I hope this
question makes sence if not then please let me know if you want me to try and
explain more and i'll try to do my best.
Ok my second question and this is straight forward. Does "mail" support message
rules?

Ok now for the instence messaging question.
Basicly I have heard that blind users use a programme called adium to instend
message on the Mac with voiceover which is good but I wanted to know are there
any other instent messaging programmes that work with voiceover on the mac
aside from adium? Also I have a hotmail account which I use to chat with and
its actually this email address i'm sending from. But does the mac instent
messaging work with hotmail?
Again I hope this kind of makes sence what I am trying to get across.
Many Thanks and looking forward to hearing ideas and sergestions from all you
lovely Mac users out there!
Daniel