[macvoiceover] Re: editing contacts in address book?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:20:33 -0400

so you just interact with the card.  it's still in edit mode.

On Aug 5, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for taking the time to write such detailed steps. they make perfect sense, but they aren't working over here. I did find an Add Phone number button, but when I press it, it just causes me to stop interacting with the scroll area.
Best,
Donna
On Aug 5, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, Donna!
On the contrary, it's not an accessibility gap at all. I just had to make over 100 cards for a project I'm working on. Here are the steps I did, though I will only tell you how I modified an already existing contact:

1. Press vo-space bar on edit card.
2. VO util you come to card view for John Smith (only an example name grin).
3. Use VO-shift-down arrow to interact with the card.
4. Use VO to get to the fields you want to edit. You will find things like Add phone, aim, and some fields are not very clearly labelled. 5. An example, If you vo-left arrow from the first name field, you will see info, then a number of fields that only say address. When you come to the popup with work in it, you can press vo-spacebar on it, and pick your choice of what the address is that you will be typing in, such as home. Then, vo-right arrow once and fill in the street address. When you then vo-right arrow to the next field, it will say home city, the next field will say home state, the next one home zip code, and then the next one will say home country. Now, I must tell you that you can't always hear what you are typing in the field. So, I always checked each field to make sure it was correct before moving on to the next one. 6. When you are done editing, stop interacting with vo-space bar-up arrow.

If any of this is unclear, or if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I not only made or edited all of those contacts, I even made address labels out of them. Wow! That was awesome, as I was never able to do that before! Marcy
On Aug 5, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

You gusy, this is really lousy. This is a major accessibility gap in the Mac OS.
Donna
On Aug 5, 2009, at 4:13 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

well, you have to check the edit card checkbox before going into the card view and then use vo not tab to go through the fields. It is a bit confusing at first but once you've done a couple dozen, it gets better.

On Aug 5, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

Is this accessible, I've been trying to edit one of my contacts and I can't tell what field I'm typing in, or where the insertion point is.
Thanks,
Donna

Wordy Mom
Think positive,