[macvoiceover] Re: doing an encrypted back up on a Mac with latest iTunes s=q20140121; t=1442029138; bh=9tc2jWpwhK19ZY+CufvRWOPffVBsF6P2nrAJH/t5oh4=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Subject; b=CfT/QbFTyqJuYhSLU4OlQ/kD666GLEXadfoT5BDs7HHklGS5oMoTSntzgOsTSQppD O5uRpfe24ANny5EQ6Djlp2U8TPLln1e0NAMt46o0YF+Mbfp92+Zszr7juv56MRyPsd saXLkM3GAYpMIIaL0sT9geANf1WQ+lxQ3GcyE36f/3GofXbFHlqGskFBFsfiFK0Q0M QxRp6z2BpwxTN9Q10jBEQ0GYHvUWYNBKP1ltcohWSc+pX0qG2iG9PpzN8S5iF17Vtg dao1K1KMvsx0idt3yA2BBauj4ITbKkLRNqB2sZpJAGLBbJ3S0SrSJgRP6321k5a68Z /YV4i79zaZuDw==

  • From: covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 02:36:13 -0400

Once you plug your iphone in, you should see something called iphone
popup button and do vo-space. Then, vo right one of two times and you
should see playlist table. Interact with this and you will see the
listings for summary, apps, and other things for the device. So stop
interacting owhen it says summary and vo right or left (can't remember)
till it talks about scroll area and interact with it and if you vo right
a while you should find backup and a checkbox to encrypt and it will ask
for a password.

I hope I have been clear.

Mary Otten <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

It has been years since I backed up a phone using iTunes. I've been
using iCloud for all my devices. But I'm about to get a new 6S and will
have to erase my 5S completely before sending it back to t-mobile, so I
can get the good deal they're offering right now. So I figure I should
take the conservative route and do a full encrypted back up before
saying good-bye to my 5S in a couple of weeks, or whenever this new
phone comes in. The interface for iTunes is radically different from
how it use to be; I use it as little as possible! If anybody has used
it recently and can point me in the right direction for where to go to
do this back-up, I'd be most grateful and offer thanks in advance.

Mary

How do
you spend it?

John Covici