[macvoiceover] doing an encrypted back up on a Mac with latest iTunes s=q20140121; t=1442029138; bh=9tc2jWpwhK19ZY+CufvRWOPffVBsF6P2nrAJH/t5oh4=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Subject; b=CfT/QbFTyqJuYhSLU4OlQ/kD666GLEXadfoT5BDs7HHklGS5oMoTSntzgOsTSQppD O5uRpfe24ANny5EQ6Djlp2U8TPLln1e0NAMt46o0YF+Mbfp92+Zszr7juv56MRyPsd saXLkM3GAYpMIIaL0sT9geANf1WQ+lxQ3GcyE36f/3GofXbFHlqGskFBFsfiFK0Q0M QxRp6z2BpwxTN9Q10jBEQ0GYHvUWYNBKP1ltcohWSc+pX0qG2iG9PpzN8S5iF17Vtg dao1K1KMvsx0idt3yA2BBauj4ITbKkLRNqB2sZpJAGLBbJ3S0SrSJgRP6321k5a68Z /YV4i79zaZuDw==

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 20:38:59 -0700

Hi all,

It has been years since I backed up a phone using iTunes. I've been
using iCloud for all my devices. But I'm about to get a new 6S and will
have to erase my 5S completely before sending it back to t-mobile, so I
can get the good deal they're offering right now. So I figure I should
take the conservative route and do a full encrypted back up before
saying good-bye to my 5S in a couple of weeks, or whenever this new
phone comes in. The interface for iTunes is radically different from
how it use to be; I use it as little as possible! If anybody has used
it recently and can point me in the right direction for where to go to
do this back-up, I'd be most grateful and offer thanks in advance.

Mary