[macvoiceover] Re: dock and desktop

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:50:40 -0400

Donna,

I have been reading this thread and David has given you some good advice, as he always does, but, these things are just not worth fighting about. If for some reason you try it your way and find that David's way is better than make the change. I have had to change my thinking over the last 4 years of being a MAC user, but, I have had to be convinced in my own mind, so, the bottom line is, you will find the most profitable way to do things as you and your MAC become a working teem.

Forinstants, I for the longest time kept lots of things on my desktop and my wife would come in to the office and say, "your desk top is a mess" and she was correct, so, I started putting related things in folders on my desktop and life really is better.

Now some one would say, you really should keep your folders in the sidebar, so, I have added my folders to the sidebar, thats what works best for me..

Learn as much as you can about the finder, because, the finder is, where you well, find things. Learn good work habbits as much as you can as you learn the MAC. No matter what we do, building a good foundation is important.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 21, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi Keith,

I agree 100%. That's pretty much what I wrote to David in my last message to him, which I sent off-list. But I like learning about other people's positions on this stuff, especially being so new to the game. There are a lot of experienced users on the list, and if there's a compelling reason to do something differently, I want to know and understand it. (Yeah, I was one of those annoying kids who always had to know why, and never accepted "because I said so" as a valid answer.) *grin* And I do think it's very cool that the Mac allows for so much flexibility to do things the way that is most comfortable for the individual user. But I do have to say, I think
lettuce on a cheeseburger is a complete waste of space! *big grin*
Cheers,
Donna