[macvoiceover] creating repeating appointments on calendar with osx

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:39:20 +0200

Hello,
It seems so frustrating sometimes to work with the calendar on osx 10.8.3:
I want to create a appointment that repeated every 2 weeks starting at
23/4/2013 and ending 18/6/2013.
I have several problems to set this specific repetition of every 2 weeks:
When I chose for a specific repetition in the combo box, I have a dialogue box.
There  the frequention is set to every week in the combo box and this is ok for
me.
then vo+right end I can fill in a number  for every x weeks the event should
repeate.
Then vo+right and I can fill in on which day(s) of the week the event should
repeat with checking or unchecking the checkbox next to every day of the week.
Here, while the speech is saying checked, braille is showing unchecked. ;)
Also here: every checkbox that has vo-cursor on my braille display, becomes
checked…
When I close this dialogue box for the days of the week and  the frequent ion
with the ok-button, the focus isn't jumping back automatically to the screen
with the basic information of my event…

Also , when I change a appointment that's part of a repetition, There is a
message that asks if I want to change all the appointments of the repetition or
only the event I am editing.
Unfortunately, this question is asked in a new window but is not having focus
automatically.

Conclusion:
If this situation is clear and true, I can only conclude that the calendar in
10.8.3 has some voiceover bugs that  will be fixed next to some new bugs Apple
ail make.

In my personal opinion, the quality of voiceover in osx is going down and the
advantage of having one company for the os and the screenreader is not a
advantage since they do not enough tests before the release and are debugging
so slowly sometimes.

With frustrated regards,
William Windels>