[macvoiceover] Re: creating itunes library

  • From: samtroia <samtroia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 17:49:39 -0400

Yeah, you're right, that'll be best in the long run. I'm just new to the Mac and have to get used to the way itunes does things.

Do you have any idea why I still can't access anything in itunes? It keeps telling me it's busy.

On Sep 5, 2009, at 5:35 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

Hi,

You shouldn't worry about the iTunes xml file. A couple of gigs? lol. I have over a hundred gigs of music and the xml file is 22MB. And wouldn't you want iTunes to copy newly added music to your iTunes music folder? It will save you the trouble in the long run.
hth

Ricardo
On Sep 5, 2009, at 3:35 PM, samtroia wrote:

Hi, all,

I finally took the plunge and am creating the itunes library. At this point though I'm not very happy about it. In the advanced tab of preferences I unchecked a couple of things: namely, the box to have itunes organize my library and the box that says to add the actual mp3's to the library, and that's fine. Also, while in there, I told itunes where to look for my library. Then I opened the add to library dialog and changed the location of where I wanted itunes to store its library.xml file and pressed open. So its now creating the library but it totally ignored my choice for the location of the xml. My library is huge, some 225 gigs worth, and thus is on an external drive. For that reason I wanted the xml file to be located on the same drive.

So I have a couple of questions. Is there anything I can do to change this? Also, how large is that xml file likely to be? I guess if its only a matter of a few gigs, I can leave it on the hard drive. Thanks in advance for any help.