[macvoiceover] Re: creating folders

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:07:57 -0700

Hi May, to create a folder, either on the finder, or within another
folder, type command shift n, then type the name of the folder, and
press enter.  To delete an item, press command backspace, which on a
mac keyboard, is the second key down from the top on the right side of
the main body of keys, just to the left of the four inverted arrows.
This moves the deleted item to the trash, but to permanently remove the
item from the trash, press command option and shift with the backspace
key, and then you'll hear what sounds like a rustling sound of paper,
and voice over will say empty trash, and trash is what the mac calls
the recycle bin.  Hope this helps you.  --Original Message Text---
From: May and Wynter
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:07:49 -0700

Hi everyone.

Can someone please tell me how I go about creating folders on my mac?
I want to move all my school stuff to my mac machine but can't figure
out how to make folders and for that matter where they are, smile.

Also, how do I delete a file I created?  I tried pressing delete on the
file but it doesn't do anything, thanks.

May, now using my MacBook

Marty