[macvoiceover] Re: crashing programs

  • From: "Phil Stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:44:04 -0000

        Hi,

Jumping in on this thread to say I've actually begun to have second thoughts
myself about switching to a Mac in view of recent traffic about problems
with Mail, Safari etc.  I know even Macs aren't perfect and I have a number
of reasons for being unhappy with Windows however I have been watching this
list for a good few weeks now and have been rather disconcerted by the
number of issues people seem to be having with VO and their Macs.

As I say I was (an maybe still am) very close to switching and was in fact
just looking up specs and prices yesterday and and planning on buying
post-Christmas however I have to say I am now having real second
thoughts....sad really as I've been toying with switching for over 3 years
now and I did think it was at a point where it made more sense than ever but
for the additional outlay of buying a MAC I am hoping to get a robust system
that doesn't crash like my Windows kit and where I can at least use the
standard mac apps such as Mail, Safari and Text Edit without any problems
other than the learning curve I know I will have to face.

So I'm rather confused and disillusioned, sorry folks but I'm telling it how
I see it, I'm not saying Macs are bad and Windows machines are better rather
that I don't think a Mac is as reliable or robust a solution as I thought it
would be.

Your comments appreciated,

Phil