[macvoiceover] Re: copying text from a website with SnowLeopard

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:04:43 -0400

Russell,

It doesn't seem to be working for every one and not on all websites. Lets hope for the best.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 13, 2009, at 9:41 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Well, Keith that's great news! I find selecting text using VO return quite tedious as it only allows you to copy one bit of text at a time. Now I'm looking forward even more to getting SL! <grin>

Russell
On 13-Sep-09, at 4:14 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

I can not only copy text by using the shift and the arrow keys, but, when I use shift-down arrow and copy line by line I can copy links as well on a website.

To make sure that we are comparing apples to apples, grin, wink, I am using the home page of icanworkthisthing.com

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 13, 2009, at 5:35 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

stop interacting after selecting was what I always did.

now, let's see. I've not tried keith's idea out in sl. I know it works in mail with shift and arrows...
Nope, safari behaves the same as before for me.

On Sep 13, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

I don't have a leopard computer up, but, in SnowLeopard there has been a change. You no longer need to use the old method, you can highlight text to be copied with shift and the arrow keys.

HTH.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 13, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

this is happening in snow leopard too. I emailed accessibility about it. not sure why it's happening in leopard too, that's an odity.

On Sep 13, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Using Leopard...

For some strange reason, I am now unable to select and copy text in Safari. Well, I can select the text, but pressing command C doesn't copy the text and if I go into the edit menu, copy is showing as not being available. What might have happened? I was able to do this previously but I don't exactly know when it stopped working.

Here's what I do:

1. Interact with the text I wish to copy.
2. Press VO return to begin selecting.
3. VO right arrow to select the text I wish to copy.
4. Press VO return to stop selecting.
5. Press command C to copy, which right now doesn't actually work!

Thanks for any help with this,

Russell