[macvoiceover] Re: completely remove programs

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 03:36:19 -0600

Hi William,

        If you're looking for a free app-deleting program which works with VO,
check out a preference pane called Apptrap.  Just go to www.versiontracker.com
and do a search for it.

        The pane is easy to install, and when you go into your applications
folder and tell OS X to delete one, a dialog will pop up, telling you you're
about to delete an application, plus you get a listing of the associated files,
and the option to immediately move them, along with the app itself, to the
trash.

        The app seems to work well with VO, and, as far as I can tell, it
appears to be accurate in what it deletes.

HTH?

Best Regards,

Ron J. (Skype Name: Ganahee)
On Mar 12, 2010, at 4:44 PM, William Windels wrote:

> Hi all,
> When you put them simply in the trash, a lot of corresponding files are left
> on the system.
> So, It seems not so simple and fast to delete some programs completely.
> Sometimes there are still some .plist-files or other files/folders left on
> the hd.
>
> I found a program to delete programs completely named appzapper.
> Has enybody experiences with this program about functionality and/or
> accessibility with vo?
>
> Also , this is not frre.
>
> Any hints are very welcome,
>
> best regards,
> William  >

Ron J. | AKA: Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals.  Then something
happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".