[macvoiceover] Re: checkbox in vo utility, general

  • From: Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:52:51 -0500

Ok folks,

Let me try to explain this one.

If you check the box that says, display welcome dialog when Voiceover starts
and restart your computer you will hear welcome dialog that tells you about
Voiceover and says  that if you already know how to use Voiceover to press the
V key now.  After Voiceover comes up the box is auto unchecked.  This is
working as it should.  This is for new users who want to learn about Voiceover.

Here is the part thats the bug.  If you have created a greeting in speak the
following greeting after login, some times it does not speak, but, some times
it does.

I have reported this and it would be good if you folks would do so as well...

So the check box has nothing at all to do with your login greeting, it is for
the welcome dialog to learn Voiceover..

Keith Reedy