[macvoiceover] case for my iphone as promised:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:23:02 -0400

I have had a case for my iphone for a while now and since I'm not on the other list, I thought I'd share my experience which is mostly good.

I was looking for a hard case, not just a cover.  The fuse from:
http://www.iskin.com
was what I got and except for two little things, it's great!
1> the wake/sleep button is a bit tough on the finger and you have to be certain that you are actually depressing it

2> there is a flap that covers the doc port and makes inserting the connector a bit difficult because you have to open it and hold it open while inserting the connecter.

Note: this case will cause you to do things differently than with out it. you have to tap just a bit harder and use a bit more force when flicking but make sure your fingers are free of grit, grease, cat hair, moisture... and you'll be fine.

It is a three piece case. it comes with the front already attached to the screen over lay so you don't have to mount it if you don't want to but you can take it off and put it on if you like. it's best to insert the phone in face down so that the front is lined up first with the screen protector sort of like the apple ipod case and then snap the back on.

I really love this case and it allows access to all of the functionality of the iphone in an unimpeeded way!