[macvoiceover] Re: can't add files to playlist in ITunes

  • From: Ray Foret jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:31:41 -0600

Hi Sam,

I've saved your messages as .RTF for future reference.  I do appreciate your
help on both of these items very much.

IF I run in to trouble, I'll most likely be contacting you off list about
what's happening.  I must go now, but, I expect that your messages will have
cut through the last few days of frustration quite nicely.  PS.  Although I can
now set the cursor to behave more like that in windows, I'm determined to get
used to the Mac's way of handling it.  Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray!!!

Now a Mac User!!!

Phone:
+1 (985) 360-3614

E-mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net

Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Dec 8, 2009, at 5:40 AM, Sam Troia wrote:

Hi, Ray,

First, just as a general note, whatever material you add to a playlist must be
in your music library, otherwise it can't be done.

That having been said, make sure you're focussed on the music library in your
sources table.  vo-Arrow to the left of that to the search text field and type
in the name of the item your searching for.  Then go to the songs table,
interact with it and when you've found an item you want to add to the playlist,
press vo-shift-m for the shortcuts menu, press a for the add to playlist
submenu, arrow to the right and then down-arrow to the desired playlist and
press enter.  Also, in the songs table if there are several items you wish to
add that are sequentially right under each other, starting with the first one,
hold the shift down and down-arrow to the last of these and they'll all be
selected.  You can then add them as described above.  If you wish to know how
to select non-sequential items, I can send a message about that as well.