[macvoiceover] Re: braille printing and braille tables

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:35:20 +0200

Hello,
I hope we understand each other well.
I mean, my braille printer is a parallel printer , at the moment connected
on my parallel port of me linux pc /dev/lpt0.

Anyway, I have a usb-to-serial convertor myself.
but, I think, this shouldn't work because:
1 side of the cable has a usb-connection to put in my pc, this is ok.
The other part of the cable has 25 dots.

So, my printercable has also 25 dots to put in the pc, so this doesn't
work I think.
Is this not what you mean with a serial convertor?

But, when the printer is properly connected, I should need a driver, a
way to format my papersize, a way to chose the brailletranslator.....

Or perhaps, the settings of the embosser will be used?

best regards
William Windels

---end quoted text---