[macvoiceover] Re: braille note takers

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:29:37 +1300

Hello,

I use a Focus 40 Blue with an iPhone 4. It is my only note taker and it works well. The only problem I have is Apple doesn't support computer braille input. You choose between grade 1 and grade 2 braille input. It is a toggle using g chord on the braille display.

David Chittenden, MSc, CRC, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx

On 1/29/2011 5:37 AM, Lena Contreras wrote:
Hi
My BrailleNote PK is old and I'm thinking about the time I'll need to replace it. Since the PK isn't being sold by Humanware any more, is there a note taker out there that will sync with the Mac. Another option I have is to buy a braille display and use it with an Iphone or Ipad instead of purchasing a blindness only product. Do any of you use a braille display and an iPad or iPhone as your portable device? What has your experience been like and would you recommend someone leaving behind a braille note taker entirely? I like having refreshable braille display so I can turn off the speech when I wish or just read braille when I want.
Lena