[macvoiceover] braille displays and the mac:

  • From: david poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:22:15 -0400

Hi all;

There is a list of supported braille displays for the mac on:
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/devicesupport.html
but make sure you are reading the list for leopard as I believe there is also a list for snow leopard which of course is not available yet.
note; snow leopard will cost you only 10 dollars us at least here.

Sadly, the only braille display documentation for each display is found in the display payne of the vo utility. look in the input tab when you connect your display and you will find a list of braille key assignments for your display.

I hope this helps.