[macvoiceover] Re: ***before you install IOS8

  • From: Vaughan DoddVaughan <vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:25:49 +1200

I did the iTunes install, so I admit to being confused by the wide variations in details as to size of the new OS.

Being generally very conservative about these things: over the air installs just don't fit for me: no sighted assistance and all that if it all fails.

Vaughan.

On 19/09/2014 4:39 a.m., Ian Edwards wrote:
Apparently if you can’t clear the 6ish Gb off your phone you can use the option
of updating through iTunes. My phone memory is back to where it was before I
started, so I’m assuming the 6 Gb requirement is temporary and I can got back
to filling up my camera roll with 6 second videos of my saying, “crap I hit
video, how do I turn that off, no not that, wait did that beep mean it’s on or
off?”

Ian

On Sep 18, 2014, at 10:30 AM, Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Folks,

Before you install IOS8 you need to understand that while the download is only
a gig it will take up 4.6 gig of space on an iPhone and over 7 gig on an iPad.
We are Braille Bible printers,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx