[macvoiceover] Re: battery: Mac or vs commands

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:50:21 -0400

Oh, I wasn't trying to correct you David, I just thought it might be confusing for whoever didn't know. But David is still the best in this list :). Better than me in any case lol.

On Jul 15, 2009, at 5:55 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

ok, I stand partially corrected. you get vo commands and single keystrokes.

On Jul 15, 2009, at 5:32 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Yes, but that only works with VO commands. It won't tell you what general Mac OS X commands do even if you press them.
On Jul 15, 2009, at 2:07 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

one more thing about keys. if you turn on keyboard help and play around say with control and the function keys and other stuff, you'll find a lot of info.

On Jul 15, 2009, at 2:04 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

many shortcuts also appear in menus.

On Jul 15, 2009, at 2:00 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Actually, a lot of that is personal preference. It isn't so much that a vo command or a Mac command is better; it's more what you are used to and comfortable with. For instance, doing vo-m twice to get to the status menus might be more keystrokes and also one more key than ctrl-f8 but if you are very used to doing vo-m or if it takes you a split longer to find the ctrl-f8 from where your fingers are, you might be better off with the vo-m.

As has been stated before on this list, one of the neat things about the Mac is that there are almost always alternative ways to do things.

As for shortcuts, you can find a lot of them--and also change them but be careful with that--in System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse in the keyboard shortcuts tab. Also, as I recall, you can see and change some shortcuts in system preferences > Expose and Spaces.

I also found his website that has lists of shortcuts and comments by people discussing them:

http://www.usingmac.com/2007/11/21/mac-os-x-leopard-200-productivity-booster-hotkeys

Hth.