[macvoiceover] Re: are there any new voices in the OSX 10.11 beta?

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 11:30:54 -0500

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss the beta at large even though it is a
public beta. Maybe I misunderstood though.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 8, 2015, at 4:18 AM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In one of the recent upgrades it became possible to download many new voices,
but many of them are not so clear and the compact ones are not worth
bothering with.
I found that loading too many voices at the same time, for example having a
different voice for different applications, slowed the moving between
applications.
But, it makes for a pleasant change to shift to a different voice
occasionally.
This can easily be done by holding down VO+Cmd and left or right arrow to
"voice'

TF

On 8/09/2015, at 4:42 pm, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The subject line asks it all are there any new voices in the osx 10.11 beta?
Also on a side note are there two versions of alex? meanning a standard and
an enhanced version?
If so when on like yosemity can you switch between the qualitys so you could
have both to use if you wished?

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface
at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover