[macvoiceover] apple tv, was, Re: burning an ITunes movie purchase to dvd

  • From: Michael Babcock <mbabcock06@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:56:27 -0900

well it makes me wonder if there is a web interface to the apple tv, or being it's a cut down version of osx if apache is installed and one could be created, hmm, *ponders* google here i come:D

On Jan 17, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Mike
From what I understand, they do work well. However, they have no screen reader or talking interface at this moment, and I don't have one to hack around with it. Since the Apple TV runs a stripped down version of OS X and uses Front Row as its interface, I've been curious for some time now if Voiceover could be transplanted on to one of these devices. I don't know if it's likely that Apple will make the Apple TV accessible at the moment, as Steve Jobs has openly stated that Apple TV is currently considered a hobby by Apple. If and when I do get one, I'll be sure to try and get Voiceover on to it. I have no idea if that's even possible, but doesn't stop me from trying :).

On 01/17/2009 01:02 PM, Michael Babcock wrote:
do apple tv's work well?
On Jan 17, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi John
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this. The iTunes DRM will prevent you from using an MP4 to DVD converter, and unfortunately the iTunes movie DRM isn't llikely to go away any time soon. While the music labels are finally beginning to see sense, the movie and TV studios seem to be pushing for even tighter control and, unfortunately, burning purchased movies to DVD is not allowed by their terms. This isn't something Apple has control over, either they agree to these restrictions or they do not get to sell the movies.

On 01/17/2009 10:18 AM, John Hess wrote:
Good morning. Is there anything I can use to burn an ITunes movie to a dvd that can be viewed on a standard DVD player? Thanks.
John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab

Michael Babcock
GW Hosting, Your Dedicated Home On The Web
Phone: +1-888-272-3555, ext 4121
email: michael.babcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
administrative e-mail: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
url: http://gwhosting.net