[macvoiceover] Re: another skype question

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 07:01:17 -0400

Marty,

to controlll the rate at which alex delivers outside of vo, you need to go to system prefs, speech, text to speech. There you will find all the controls you need, choose custom rate and crank it up.

On May 14, 2009, at 1:21 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I've noticed that when I press the button to hear the spoken text selected in events, that Alex speaks slower than normal, and I wonder if there's a way to speed his voice up to normal? I have found that I can select both items in the pop up, if the check box is checked, in that, it will alert me as to a contact being added or unavailable, but when this happens, I hear two Alex voices, so I wonder if I can get the one Alex voice to speak an item such as your contact joe blow is unavailable, or, joe blow added? Thanks in advance.