[macvoiceover] Re: another note about address book

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:11:45 +0100

exactly hhow I would do it but i would cut rather than copy as i think it possibly, not sure may create duplicates in the all table. could be wrong though. I have no idea why some people are having issues with address book, it works perfectly as it should for me.

On Aug 6, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, All!
Just a little fyi about the address book. I wanted to create a family group. So, this is how I've done it: 1. I created a new group by pressing the create new group button. This can also be done from the file menu. 2. Use vo to get to the groups table, then interact with it with vo- shift-down arrow. 3. Down arrow to the new group, then stop interacting with the table with vo-shift-up arrow.
4. Use vo right arrow to get to the names table
5. Interact with the table, then down arrow to the name or names you want to add to the group. 6. Press the shift key while resting on the name you want. If there are multiple names in a row, keep your finger on the shift key and press the down arrow. You will hear 1 row selected, 2 rows selected, 3 rows selected, and so on. Therefore, just count the number of contacts that are sequential, so you know how many rows to select.
7. Press command-c to copy your selections.
8. Stop interacting with the names table with vo-shift-up arrow.
9. Use vo left arrow to go back to the groups table and interact with it with vo-shift-down arrow. 10. Arrow to the group you've chosen to add the contacts to, then stop interacting with the groups table with vo-shift-up arrow. 11. Use vo-right arrow to get back to the names table, and interact with it with vo-shift-down arrow. 12. Press command-v, and the contacts you copied will magically appear in the names table! Congratulations! You now have a new group, and have added your first contacts to it. So, go ahead, knock your socks off, be wild and crazy, and add some more contacts to that new group! Hope this helps! Marcy

--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,