[macvoiceover] Re: aiphone, really tired of text edirting issues!

  • From: "Marco" <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 04:29:44 -0600

I don't have a problem with the text editing issues other then that it is a
little slower then a physical qwerty but I can tolerate it for short
messages and for entering passwords.  A big mistake I was making earlier on
was that when you flick left and right to get to the desired editing field,
you need to double tap it to make sure that the cursor focus is on that
editing box otherwise what you type will go into places where you don't want
it too.  I found also that I can go so much faster by just double tapping a
letter with the one finger.  It is also important to move one's fingers
slowly over the virtual qwerty as you might accidentally add a character
because the voiceover engine might read your quick motion on the keyboard as
a double tap which has happened to me several times.

Marco
Alberta Canada