[macvoiceover] Re: aiphone, really tired of text edirting issues!

  • From: Rossy <koumanova_rostislava@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:40:45 +0200

hi ,
it may sound strange but i did not understand how to flick on my iphone? i did not play very much but i can not edit ... what would be the flick? i read all the manuals but i can not get this gesture.
help
rk

Il giorno 08/lug/09, alle ore 19:35, John Panarese ha scritto:

Actually, Josh is absolutely correct. Trust me. It took some frustrating hours to really grasp how this works and to get the hang of it, but he describes it perfectly. You have to make sure you are in the text area and then use the up or down flick action.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jul 8, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Josh, I’m sorry, but you’re just wrong. I’ve been doing this since 8 this morning. I can’t tell you how many times I have done *EXACTLY* what you described—flicking up and down to move through text-- only to find that the focus point was not just one, but often *several characters away from where I thought it was. If that’s Apple’s best, it’s not good enough for me.
Donna
Donna