[macvoiceover] Re: aiphone, editing text

  • From: Chris G <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 13:33:32 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the correction. I was thinking Option and wrote Command. wooops (smile)

Chris

On Jul 4, 2009, at 1:14 PM, Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

Yes, you are correct, except that it is Option-Left and Option- Right, not Command. Command-Left/Right take you to the start or end of a line, respectively.

On Jul 4, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Chris G wrote:

I know this isn't a windows list, but Window-eyes has the same feature. It can tell you where in the word the cursor is when reading by lines .
The feature is  "signel cursor position"  and yes if you listen
carefully you will hear  the cursor between two characters.

Also explaine this to me.
When you control left and right in windows the cursor is at the
beginning of each word, but on the Mac if you command left the cursor is at the beginning of each word and command right the cursor is at the end
of each word, Am I grasping that correctly?
Thanks
Chris

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 08:28:16 -0700
Josh de Lioncourt <overlord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

t's really this way. In fact, outSpoken for Windows, the first
Windows screen reader I used, was more similar to VoiceOver in the way
that it worked with the insertion point, because it would designate
its location in the text between characters when you read a line, for
instance.

--
The home of the Mystic Place blog and podcast.
www.mysticplace.info