[macvoiceover] Re: (aiphone) I could cry!!!!!

  • From: "hank smith" <hanksmith5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:36:50 -0700

what video thing?
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 2:34 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: (aiphone) I could cry!!!!!

yeah, it got a bit rock for a while, but for a payed app, it's the
killer for windows right now.  They have corrected a lot of things so
that my recommendation for windows is jfw.  If it weren't for the
video thing, it'd be perfect.

On Jul 10, 2009, at 11:07 AM, John Panarese wrote:

   There is one point here that is sometimes missed.  In regard to
VoiceOver having too many key strokes or the like, this, from my
experience with Window Bridge, JAWS, Window-Eyes and VoiceOver, is not
exactly true.  Especially when one takes advantage of the numpad
commander or the VO Keys lock, it cuts down tremendously on the number
of keys needed for common tasks.  As for JFW being the best, sorry,
but that hasn't been the case since FS took them over.  It's why I
jumped to Window-Eyes and will never look at JAWS again.  And not
having to deal with screen reader crashes, viruses, spam and blue
screens of death is why I have relegated my Windows box for infrequent
use.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA,
PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS,
DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jul 10, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Come on folks, please, lets not get in to this.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 10, 2009, at 7:11 AM, Marco wrote:

Shouldn’t put down JAWS. It has been good to you for the most part over the last 12 years or more. It isn’t perfect, but it is the best screen reader on the market no matter what platform you are comparing it too. I would argue that it has less keystrokes then VO in order to navigate the screen and the start menus.

Marco
Alberta Canada