[macvoiceover] Re: adium questions

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 03:15:10 -0400

Ah cool, glad you got it configured Marty.
On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:19 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Dan, I listened to Mike's podcast, but he wasn't specific as to how to set an event, though he did show a couple of them, but for example, he didn't point out that those events with more than one item are dimned as far as the edit button is concerned, unless you expand them, so I was getting confused in the list, and later figured out that I had to collapse each event before moving on to the next event, but I think I've gotten everything configured the way I want to, I just wish we didn't have those things like bouncing icons in the dock, when we can't see them, but that is just my opinion.
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 02:12:46 -0400, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

Growl isn't needed to do this, you can have events set to be spoken in
Adium. If you check out MIke Arrigo's latest podcast that's up on
BCT, he covers how to do this.
On Jul 26, 2009, at 10:00 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

> Hi all, just wondering, I installed adium, but what I want it to do
> is to read the incoming messages to me, and I thought, under events,
> in preferences, that it would be under received message, background
> chat, and since I didn't install growl, since I had heard of people
> having problems with it, I chose speak the event, but when I get a
> message, I have to interact with the unknown to the left of the
> contacts table, and go to the bottom of the window to read the
> message, and I wanted Vicky to read the events, so what am I doing
> wrong, and thanks in advance for any assistance. Also, is there a
> way in adium to have it display the off line contacts?

>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>> below.

>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
>> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty