[macvoiceover] Re: adium

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:32:54 -0700

Hi May, no, you only have to do the configuring once, then, when you
get a chat message from then on, adium will read the message sent to
you, or rather the voice of your choosing will read the message to you.
 You can go from chat window to chat window with command right arrow,
and once in a chat window, just vo right arrow, and it should say the
name of the person you're chatting with should you have multiple chat
windows open.  Also, Mike Arrigo did an excellent podcast where he
demonstrated adium, and I believe it is podcast nine of the eleven
podcasts he has done on the mac at
http://www.blindcooltech.com
hope this helps you.
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:13:09 -0700, May McDonald wrote:

So you're saying that I have to do this everytime I get chat messages
from different people?
On 22-Sep-09, at 5:03 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

> Hi May, in preferences with command comma, and events, you have to
> select the event, then you can have the system voice of your choice
> announce the particular event, plus, the reading of a particular
> chat that you're having.  It is in the events table which you must
> interact with, then choose your event.
>
> On Sep 22, 2009, at 4:42 PM, May McDonald wrote:
>
>> Ok, here's another question for today.  When reading messages with
>> this program, is there a way to go to the bottum of the messages?
>> Anytime I go back to the field where the messages are it always
>> puts me at the top.  Or is there anyway to get the darn thing to
>> read them when they come in would be even better.
>>
>> I'm using lepard so please don't give sl commands unless it works
>> with both, lol.  If this isn't the best messenger to use, please
>> let me know what is as well, thanks.

>>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>>> below.

>>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
>>> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>> below.

>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
>> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Marty