[macvoiceover] Re: address book

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:46:07 -0400

I tried it with the same result. I can copy and paste into any of the fields, including those, but any way I try I can't get key echo in the first or last name fields. Either it's not possible, or I'm missing something! Marcy

On Jun 29, 2009, at 11:22 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

try interacting with the field.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

I should have said that I am using vo throughout the process, except when I am actually typing. But it's in the first and last names fields that I cannot hear the key echo, which I am able to hear in the address, city, state, zip, and country fields. My query is why not in those 2 fields but in the others? I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear here. Marcy
On Jun 29, 2009, at 11:07 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

use vo.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Ah! I get it now! Long as I just tab when I find the name I want in the list, only the info I typed in will be there. However, when I begin to type in a card, as I type in the first and last name fields, I can't hear voiceover and have to tab and then shift tab to make sure I've typed in the info correctly. I can hear what I type in all the other fields, though. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks! Marcy
On Jun 29, 2009, at 10:42 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

Just don't use them and they will not appear in the saved cards.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, All,
I've got a lot of addresses to add to my address book for a project I am chairperson of this year, and I'm getting the hang of it, I think. <smile> Is there a way to delete the fields I don't need for an address? I've seen the remove assistant and remove mobile phone buttons, but nothing else like that for any other field. Thanks! Marcy
--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,

Wordy Mom