[macvoiceover] Re: accessible app for listening to radio on mac?

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:14:40 +1300

If you go to the website of the radio station you like to listen to they will
likely have a 'streaming audio' link.
I use 'VLC' for this. Once a radio station is open in VLC I can pause and start
again when I wish an be listening in 'real' time. Other players such as
'Quicktime' don't pick the stream up again in 'real' time, rather they download
and continue from where the stream left off.

To record streaming audio I would probably initiate the stream then open an
audio recorder, have it record from 'line-in' then run a stereo cable from the
headphone jack to the line-in via some other splitting device such as a mixer
so you can continue to listen while you record.
Or, there is a software program called 'Jack' that can take the audio from one
program such as VLC or perhaps iTunes and send it to a recording program such
as Audacity or Amadeus. However I have not used 'Jack' so can't advise any
further, I am not sure how it will interact with the audio of voiceOver.