[macvoiceover] about speakable items.

  • From: Maria Chapman <bubbygirl1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:58:46 +1000

Hi list.

haven't really read any emails lately so I appologize if this has already been
covered.  Has anyone had a chance to play with the speakable items?  I set it
up and got the computer to tell me what time it was etc by holding down the
escape key.  All of a sudden though it stopped working.  dictation still works
but I can't get the speakable items to work no matter whether i use the setting
to always listen for the word computer or holding down the escape key.  Any
ideas?  Went in to calibrate but I think i may need some sighted help for that
one?  Or is there a way to do it successfully?
Apart from that, I'm loving mountain lion and I'm sure there is still heaps to
learn.

thanks

Maria Chapman
bubbygirl1972@xxxxxxxxx

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -
Mahatma Gandhi