[macvoiceover] abby finereader with cannon 700f lide and open office

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:00:55 +0200

Hi all,
I Have received my new scanner today: canon 700f lied.

The process works fine with only 2 problems/questions:

1. the buttons on the scanner to generate the fast task: copy , scan, pdf,
email.
This functions only works for the first action of a new document. Is this
normal?
I nean: if I press on the pdf-button for the second page , nothing happens.

2. If the scan-process has finished, I press the finish button with the space
bar in stead of the next page.
After this , abby is starting automatically and the only thing I have to select
is the way of exporting.
After the ocr-proces is done, abby asks me to save the document.
There is also a checkbox to open the saved document.
The strange thing is that abby finereader make the decision to open it in open
office.
I would like to use textedit for this.

Also, when I open a rtf in finder, it opens with textedit.

Thanx for your opinions for this 2 questions.

best regards,
William>