[macvoiceover] Re: a problem with my macc

  • From: Tyler Wood <tcwood12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:45:49 -0600

Hi,
A program I recommend running is Onyx.
The other thing, and this is specific to the mini, but I hear tell that voiceovers performance decreases if you don't have an adapter such as a display to VGA adapter or some such variant hooked up to it to tell it, in theory, that you have a screen.

Hope that helps
Tyler
On 1/20/2013 5:11 AM, Keith Brown wrote:
i appreciate this might not be for this list but i have an issue with my mac
and am  unsure how to fix it.
my mac mini running mountain lion, started being a bit sluggish  so i ran a
permissions repair which gave me the following information

Warning: SUID file
"System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent"
 has been modified and will not be repaired
Finished verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 mac HD

any ideas or suggestions for any utilities that might fix it. i could  restore
from a backup but would rather understand either what's  causing it or how to
sort it out.

cheers
Keith Brown >