[macvoiceover] Re: You mite want to think about trying OpenOffice again.

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:39:04 -0700

Hi Keith
The two things that are show-stoppers for me in regards to editing is that VO still isn't accurate in reporting which text is selected (a consequence of this separate edit field business) and that text attributes and alignment are still not exposed. Unfortunately these don't seem to be fixed and I must say I have to wonder whether the developers of Openoffice are listening. Knowing the alignment of text is rather important if you have to do precise formatting, after all and, even after reporting these issues several times, it just feels like I'm talking to a brick wall.

On Oct 7, 2008, at 10:18, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

If you have tried OpenOffice in the past and found it wanting, you may want to try it again,, OpenOffice release candadate.

This is a full featured office program and it looks like its nearly ready for prime-time.

I am not a spread-sheet person, but, I am told that it works fine.

If you must read to end in a document, this is not the program for you, but, if you are doing fine edit work on a paper,, or, book, which requires, headers, footers and so on and will save in Word and a number of other formats, this just may be what you are looking for.

I find I am using OpenOffice more as time goes by.

IMHO.
Get it here
http://download.openoffice.org/680/

Keith reedy