[macvoiceover] Re: XP On The Mac.

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:35:22 -0500

I use boot camp here too, and it works just fine.
First of all, you'll need to run the bootcamp assistant found in the utilities folder. This will prepare the partition properly for you, so you don't need to do anything. Second, when you install windows, it will be just like installing it on any pc, (I.E. no speech, and you'll need sighted assistance) This is because you boot from the windows cd, and install from there, just like you would when installing on a non-mac pc. Next, to determine which os to boot, you'll find in windows a panel (in system/startup) that will let you choose which partition to boot from next time you restart. However, in the version I'm using, this process does not work, no idea why. And, last, windows *must* be installed on the internal drive, it is the only one bootcamp will allow operations on.
Anything else, let me know.