[macvoiceover] Re: Will There Ever Come a Time

  • From: The BlindTechs Network <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 03:58:19 -0700

Ok, lets stop the wining and let me explain to you the simple way of resolving this issue.

Restore the dmg on to a 8 to 10gb partition and you'll never have to worry about this again. personally I think everything should be done via dmg.

Simple I told you so.

Gabe Vega
CEO

The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (voice)
(206) 203-4400 (Fax Phone)

On Dec 13, 2008, at 3:43 AM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hmm, guess they assume everyone's got a double-layer drive. That would fit, though, with the size of the physical OS X media as well, as it's typically around 7gb, and since all new Macs have come with dl drives for some time now they just assume everyone's got one. Typical Apple.

On Dec 12, 2008, at 23:56, Travis Siegel wrote:

Wouldn't matter, the disk image was more than 6GB in size. My dvd won't burn a disk that size. Maybe the double layer drives will, I don't know, but I don't have one of those, so it's a serious pain to get them working. <sigh>

On Dec 12, 2008, at 4:07 PM, Michael Babcock wrote:

ah i see, hmmm, wonder why they don't send a .iso file being that you can burn .iso files directly on your mac.

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams