[macvoiceover] Wierd problem with ITunes and the Finder

  • From: "Chris Gilland Desktop" <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Voiceover List" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 05:49:19 -0400

Sunflower

OK, this is very strange.  Does anyone know if Apple just came out with a new
update to ITunes?  I pulled down updates the other day, and think my ITunes may
a gotten updated.  I know that for some really odd reason, if I hit command o
on the 300gb drive I have, from my desktop's mountpoint, voiceover keeps
telling me the finder is busy.  I haven't found any way outta this except to
force quit, then go to relaunch on the finder.  I also am having the same issue
when doing command o in ITunes to manually add items to the library.  I just
didn't know if maybe Apple had come up with a new update and had broken
something there.  That is the only thing that I can even begin to speculate.
O, BTW:  I did manage to get my library imported back over after convertting
that drive to fat32, but it then started downloading artwork.  I had my
grandmother look.  It's confirmed.  That is the reason itunes got so sluggish.
Anyway, I let that thing go from noon yesterday until about 3 this morning, and
it was still! downloading apparently, as it still says busy, busy, busy, busy,
busy, never mind my broken record.  LOL!

Anyway, does anyone have a clue about the browser?  It works fine if I do
command n and do a new finder window, and select the mm volume from the
sidebar, but otherwise, ni? madres.  I'm totally stumped.  Also if I do the
browse window in places like send space, it works.  only place it don't, is i
tunes, and also if I command o on the actual volume in the mounted point on my
desktop.

Personally, this is extremely bazaar.

Chris.

GIF image