[macvoiceover] Where Messages Go...

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:52:50 -0400

Hi Folks,

I use IMAP to pick up the email on my hofstader.com account. I recently set up Mobile Me so my MacBook and iMac could both look at the information and I could move back and forth easily - or at least that was the goal.

Now, if I open Mail on either device, the title bar says something like, "Inbox 250 messages," but only 75 or so appear in my Inbox on one machine and the other has the rest in its Inbox. Clearly, both are aware of these messages but it seems like "first come, first served" as to which actually gets the information.

I'd guess that there is some kind of setting that would let them both get everything but poking around the View menu and other settings in Mail, I can't seem to find anything that would logically suggest that it would correct this oddity.

Thanks,
cdh