[macvoiceover] Re: What do you like about SnowLeopard and Voiceover.

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 20:00:02 +0100

Well, Leopard is close to snow leopard. there are a few differences so if you did decide to take the class, Leopard would serve as a great learning point. by all means borrow your friend's mac and learn SL. The more exposure you would get to the OS and the screen reader the better. Snow leopard was claimed to be the add onto Leopard so that tells you how close they are together. As long as the computers you'd be learning on in the class are Leopard, I see no reason why you shouldn't do both. I cannot comment on Tiger simply because I have not used it to a lengthy extent.

HTH

On Sep 4, 2009, at 7:50 PM, jim rawls wrote:

Marie,
Earlier this week, you posted a very nice response to my thinking about switching to a Mac email. So I pose this question to you and the group too. My sighted wife wants us to take a class called Mac for the very beginner, offered by the district where I taught so many years. But, the computers in their media center, are either tiger or leopard. With snow leopard just out,
I don't think it would be worth my while to take the class with the
computers using tiger or leopard. I was thinking of either hog tying a
friend of mine who has a Mac and messing with his computer, and learn snow leopard rather than mess with leopard or tiger. This friend is sighted so he
doesn't know anything about voice over. What would you do? Jim