[macvoiceover] Vuescan/readiris problem solved

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:21:06 -0500

In order to have readiris open instead of preview with tiff files, select a tiff file and choose getinfo from the files menu. Expand the "open with" disclosure triangle with vokeys-space and choose readiris from the popup. To the right, if I remember correctly, there's a phrase indicating "open all files of this type with this application" (may not be exact words. You need to click the "change all" button and confirm that's what you want to do. When you are done, you may still see preview to the right with vokeys but it has changed to readiris and now your scans will go to readiris with no problem. This means both vuescan and readiris work in snow leopard though remember there is a new version of vuescan.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,