[macvoiceover] Vox-keys

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:48:01 -0600

Though I know there's a list for VoxKeys, I thought people on the macvoiceover
list might want to know a couple of things that they might encounter before
getting around to joining the list. Please forgive and/or ignore me if these
items have already been posted and I missed them.

1. Be aware that eventually you'll have to pay about $60 for a quicKeys
license; there is a forever trial mode but I think after the first 30 days you
do have to buy the license for VoxKeys to keep working; at least that's what
the readme file indicates.

2. Don't panic if you install QuicKeys and VoxKeys and get an applescript error
when you try to use them. I had this happen but I had set QuicKeys to start at
login and when I restarted my computer the error went away and everything was
fine. Besides this, apparently opening QuicKeys with vokeys-space keeps it from
working with HID devices so having it open at login solves this problem if you
wanted this feature.

I'm not planning to post VoxKeys info to this list regularly but I thought
people might want to be prepared ahead of time for having to spend some money,
though it certainly could be well worth it, and I especially thought the error
issue might be something that could discourage some people so they wouldn't
pursue things as far as joining another list. Hope this is okay.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart