[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover with turbo tax 2009

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:20:05 -0800

Jeff,

I tried Turbotax many years ago with a Windows screen reader and didn't find it accessible at all. In fact, I even tried to use their web site and although I could read the screen with the optacon, there was no off-screen model for the screen reader to access. Have you tried their web site? They might have on-line tax preparation. It may not be a preference for some people, but it might work if they've improved the site.

I use a competition product, Taxact, and have done taxes directly on their site for years. I suspect it would work quite well with Voiceover, since it's just a standard site with frames and the standard Windows buttons and boxes. There's a captcha screen at the end..

Mary