[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover scripting possibility

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 08:36:17 -0500

Keeping the scripting facility external in an OS layer between VO and the
applications, while not entirely "safe" does add a level of stability where
an official scripting system like the one in JAWS affords none of the OS
layer protections and one can easily fall into infinite loops and such.
Also, the JAWS scripting language has nothing even approaching a debugger so
people who program in that language are left with really primitive ways to
find defects.  Finally, AppleScript is designed to automate and facilitate
communication between all programs on a computer and not just the AT which
means that their are vastly more people using it than would be involved with
a VO only feature, hence, the multitude help find the bugs in a way that a
tiny population of screen reader hackers can't even dream of.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Happy Hacking,
cdh